COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Our daily goal is to provide the best possible hearing care solutions and a safe and healthy environment for everyone that comes through our doors. While we have made some additions to our ongoing sanitation protocols, we have always made every effort to keep patients and staff healthy.
We use foam insert earphones for our hearing tests which are not only more comfortable and more effective, but they are disposable so as not to pass on any germs! Our staff has always used stringent hand washing and hand sanitizer protocols. We wipe down and sanitize all work areas between patients and sanitize all tools that are used for patient care.
What is new:
- We require that staff and patients wear appropriate masks – meaning they must fit well and cover both the mouth and nose.
- We have installed a plastic barrier between the patient waiting room and the reception desk.
- Running an air/germ purification unit in waiting room.
- We mandate a stay-at-home policy for staff and patients who have a fever or a cough or who aren’t feeling well.
- Scheduling appointments with gaps to minimize multiple parties in the waiting room at the same time.
- Requesting that patients limit the number of companions to reduce the number of people in the office.
- No longer providing reading material in the waiting room.
- Continuing to promote remote support and curbside service whenever possible.